Saturday, January 24, 2009

Between the covers...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


The subject of today's topic is the daunting task of talking about my favorite book.


For me this poses a huge problem simply because I have multiple favorite books and the notion of limiting myself to one smacks of censoring a part of me. I read based on where I am in my life- strictly for my own pleasure and enjoyment. Because of this, my reading tastes run the gambit of what I find appealing at that given moment. I suppose it could be said that I am a genre reader- basing the genre of the material on whatever is going on in my life and the subject which compliments it. In other words, a literary soundtrack for my life.

If I were to compile a literary ipod (so to speak), here are a few must-have titles:

  • Brave New World- Aldous Huxley
  • 1984- George Orwell
  • A Woman's Place- Barbara Delinsky
  • Gone with the Wind- Margaret Mitchell
  • Saving Grace- Julie Garwood
  • A Circle of Friends- Maeve Binchy
  • Savannah- Eugenia Price (the entire Savannah quartet)
  • A Tale of Two Cities- Charles Dickens
  • The Count of Monte Cristo- Alexandre Dumas
  • God Save the Sweet Potato Queens- Jill Conner Browne
  • Born in Death- J.D. Robb (the entire In Death series)
  • Among the Hidden- Margaret Peterson Haddix
  • White Knight- Jim Butcher (the entire Dresden Files series)
  • The DaVinci Code- Dan Brown
  • The Scarlet Pimpernel- Baroness Orczy
  • The Well- educated Mind- Susan Wise Bauer
  • What Southern Women Know, that every woman should- Ronda Rich
  • How I Paid for College: A Novel of Sex, Theft, Friendship & Musical Theater- Marc Acito
  • Garfield- Jim Davis
  • Rats Saw God- Rob Thomas

I could go on and on... there are so many, but you get the gist. Happy reading everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment